Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wonder Bread and A Bee


For Carolina Grace's 1st Halloween we dressed her up as Wonder Bread and Ella Rose was a BEE! We started the evening by going to our Church's Fall Festival to help out with our Sunday School Class' Cake Walk. Our church has a Fall Festival every year for children all over our area. It's a great outreach as well as a great Family event too, and this year 450 children participated.

After the Fall Festival we came back home and took Ella Rose trick or treating for the first time. She had a blast and her parents I think had even a better time. I used to have a ball trick or treating when I was a kid but this was even so much more fun watching my own child having so much fun. We put Carolina Grace in the stroller and she went right along with us smiling at everyone who came up to take a peek at her.

Carolina Grace

Ella Rose

Look at the little stinger on the back

Mama and her little Bee

Comfortable as could BEE in her little costume
So Carolina Grace, what are you supposed to be?

Priceless
Daddy feeding Ella Rose a hot dog at the Fall Festival
Ready to go Trick or Treating

All Smiles
Ella Rose couldn't say Trick or Treat so she would say HELLO and Bye Bye
Ella Rose got a kick out of this Dog with Angel Wings
and so did Daddy
Ella Rose was so excited that all she had to do was open her bag up and candy would be dropped in...although she has never had a piece of candy so she didn't really know what it was
What FUN and it wasn't too cold either

Ella Rose took great pride in holding her own bag...we would dump the candy into a bigger bag but she never parted with her small Halloween bag

Are we done yet?



Quite the independent BEE
Helping Daddy pass out candy
Ella Rose's little friend Hannah as a ladybug
Sweet Hannah
Okay Mom we've been taking pictures now for 3 hours
What do you mean we're finished?

I've had about as much fun as I can stand! Get me out of this costume!
So by the end of the evening we had a crying bee because Ella Rose wanted to go back out but she never one time even wanted to open up any of the candy. It's all sitting on the kitcher counter and she still hasn't acted one bit interested. It's clear that she doesn't quite understand what candy is. So Ian and I have been swiping some of the candy as we pass by it. I know it's terrible but maybe next Halloween we'll introduce Ella Rose to chocolate.

12 comments:

Keith Miller said...

The "All Smiles" Wonder Bread pic is just way too cute!

Linda Williams said...

SHAME ON YOU! You mean that you and Ian ate her candy! Ella Rose did all the work and you're eating up the profits! (Dad said that)

They were just so precious in their little costumes. Glad you took these pictures.

Dad was asking me if all the candy in Germany is low-cal.!!!!!!He was just checking. Ha.

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

No worries on the candy, love! Tyler and I ate the twins candy the first year they trick or treated. They didn't like sweet stuff! So, don't you dare feel guilty!

Beautiful pictures!

anthonyandbeth said...

i think it's pitiful that you haven't introduced poor little Ella Rose to chocolate! my goodness, you know if aunt vonda was around she'd be passing out candy to her nephews, but mommy vonda seems to be a little different! :) ella rose, you come see your aunt bethy and i'll give you some candy!!!

love the costumes! the one of Carolina Grace all smiles is ADORABLE!!! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh Vonda-just you wait. Carolina Grace will be eating it next year because Ella Rose is. Gabby has passed her dear friend Ella Rose in the "knowing what candy is"-but she has 3 older siblings to show her the ropes. You better giver her a piece or two... : )

Its So Very Cheri said...

By the way we have the exact same bee costume-stinger and all, from when Grant was a baby.

Lori Wright said...

The girls look adorable in their costumes!

Heather Estridge said...

Ok, I confess, I've been eating a good share of Katie's candy also. LOVE the costumes!

The Strealy Family said...

Oh Vonda- your girls are ADORABLE!!! I love the little Wonderbread costume.

Anonymous said...

I love the costumes..that wonder bread outfit is one of a kind..to cute.

precious...

The Miller Family said...

I know I am late on catching up on your blog, but I love the costumes! Looks like you all had a blast. Where on earth did you find the Wonderbread Costume! That is a classic!

Anonymous said...

V-

All those pictures are so cute. I don't blame you for not giving Ella Rose candy. Our little friends Sarah and Evan are in love with it. Honestly I haven't seen anything good come from eatting chocolate. I know you probably can't believe I said that. :)