Monday, November 3, 2008

We finally found a pumpkin (the day before Halloween)

The week before Halloween we loaded up the girls and headed over to the Pumpkin patch we have been to for the last few years in Germany only to be disappointed because there were hardly any pumpkins left and the ones that were left were rotten. So last week I was on a MISSION to find ANOTHER pumpkin patch because we just had to find a pumpkin and get some pictures of the girls WITH some pumpkins.

So on Thursday afternoon my girlfriend Jean told me about this cool place called Hitscherhof so the girls and I met her and her little man Josh out there, and we took some pictures AND we picked out a pumpkin. The photo shoot was really kinda crazy!!! Getting Ella Rose to sit still for about 5 seconds is pretty much as good as it gets these days so some of the pictures are kinda comical.

Round up time
Not sure what both of the girls were looking at

Getting more wild by the minute...Jean is probably wondering at this point...what did I get myself into? They didn't teach me this in photography class.
At this point I'm sure I'm pinching Ella Rose to keep her still (hee hee...just kidding).

Carolina Grace may look sedate this year but I'm sure next year she'll be as busy as Ella Rose is now

She's adorable but just very very ACTIVE!
Hitscherhof was beautiful...all the pumpkins had already been brought in from the field for the season

She may wear bows but Ella Rose is a tomboy for sure (look at that bruise on her forehead)

Our sweet little pumpkin Carolina Grace

Then we tried to get some shots of Ella Rose and Josh
Well that was kinda funny too...Ella Rose was again on the move

Oh my word...she's still!

Ella Rose checking out the pumpkins
"Hey Mama...I think I've found one"

So many to choose from
Beautiful countryside on the way to the Pumpkin farm

6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

the girls are so cute! i love Ella Rose's outfit! glad you finally founds some pumpkins...and if Ella Rose is like Jackson, which she seems to be, sorry to tell you that at 3 years old, things haven't changed all that much in the getting pictures department! he's too fast, too busy, and not interested! we make the most if it! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! We searched long & hard for pumpkins too! I think all our pumpkins had rotten spots but you can't tell in the pics! haha! And...I've given up on posed/still shots and I just follow them with a camera and take tons and tons of pics...and with a little creative cropping, some turn out good! :)

Heather Estridge said...

That is the same place that we went to when we were living there. Very cute, isn't it! Ella Rose's poncho is darling and yes, she looks very active! So fun to watch all of their little personalities develop, isn't it?

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Wonderful pictures, hon! And Jarrod is just like Ella Rose! Constantly on the move...

Its So Very Cheri said...

Sit still-I can't remember when someone sat still. I think they sit still when they are 4 months or younger and then it is GO GO GO.
L--O--V--E-- the pumpkin patch. What a gorgeous setting for pictures. I heard the pumpkins were really bad here in the states as well. We got unique pumpkins
(they are in my pictures of my fall decorating project)this year. I called my Mom and they didn't have many of the unique ones here so we bought them in KS and brought them. Then we bought pumpkins here (no pumpkin patches in FL) so the kids could carve them. (lots of pics on the blog about all of this). Loved the girls outfits. The wonder bread smile is adorable. Love ya and miss ya girl.

Cheri

Linda Williams said...

Oh my goodness! The pictures are wonderful.....and my little Ella Rose is quite smart....She knows she may "never be here again" so she is simply trying to see as much as she can at every place she goes to......Her mission is sight-seeing, not picture taking!

Love,
Mimi and Papa