Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Training for 1/2 marathon

When I was still pregnant with Carolina Grace I kept telling Ian that I wanted to start running again after I had the baby. Well when Carolina Grace was 7 weeks old, I started running again. I barely squeeked out 1 mile and I was slow as molasses on a cold day in January but hey I was proud of myself that I was running again. Back in 2001 I trained for a marathon only to get up to 15 miles on my long run and then I injured myself so this time I have taken it slow and have trained more sensibly so now after running for 12 weeks, I'm up to 5 miles. YEA!!!

I've got to say my precious Sister-in-love Beth has greatly inspired me as she started to run too after having Addison and she has never run a day in her life so I am so proud of her and when I wanted to quit, Beth kept encouraging me to keep running too. So Beth, girl we will have to do a 1/2 marathon together once we return to The States for good. And just to mention Ian has also gotten the running bug and I think I almost have him talked into running 1/2 marathon with me...we both love food way too much so we've decided if we eat (which of course we are Southern and we are gonna eat) we're gonna have to exercise and keep in shape.

5 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

I'm so proud of you Vonda. Once Gabby stops nursing I think I might Join you girls on this running adventure. I hate running so I'm going need lots of encouragement.

Keith Miller said...

Hey, I didn't know you were a runner! I haven't done any of that since I retired from the AF, but I really should get back at it. Best wishes with the training!

anthonyandbeth said...

wow! good for you! 5 miles! have you started the training schedule? you are more committed than me! i'm still afraid to say i'm doing the 1/2 even though i know i probably will! hee hee! once i actually sign up then i'll feel committed, right! :) so proud of you! you are doing awesome! just take it slow like we've talked about and don't get hurt! can't run if you're hurt! :) i'm so proud of you! and you are so sweet to say i've inspired you. it's hard for me to believe! thanks for all of your encouragement! love you!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Way to go to both of you, sweetie! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey V- I'm so dizzy from watching the video. :) Maybe Ella Rose can run the 1/2 Marathon with you. She certainly has the energy for it.

Love ya!