Sunday, October 26, 2008

Autumn arrives in Germany


Ella Rose dancing

About 2 weeks ago we ventured over to the same Castle we took our Christmas pictures last year except this year the weather was not so bad. Last year we ended up showing up for the professional photographer at 9:00 a.m. on an October morning, and it was 30 degrees outside and we had a 7 month old in tow. It was gloomy to say the least and we ended up all having to wear our coats in our Christmas pictures not to mention Ella Rose ended up doing a face plant in the grass...quite the memorable occasion. We had just found out we were expecting Carolina Grace and Ian and I just laughed wondering what 2008's Christmas Card picture would be like with 2 babies. But two weeks ago we had a great time, the weather was perfect, and we ended up getting some great shots of the girls with our new camera. We did a lot of experimenting and had such a great time with Ella Rose & Carolina Grace.

Ian and his girls


Ella Rose loves hugging on her Sister

This was right after Ella Rose stuck her hand (pix above) in Carolina Grace's mouth and she didn't like Carolina Grace slobbering on her...it hasn't stopped her though from trying that again

Still concerned about her hand
Playing peekaboo
The girls love their Daddy so much

Proud Daddy

Oh I am so very BLESSED!!!

The beautiful village below the Castle is Landstuhl, the same place where both girls were born at St. Johannis Krankenhaus (hospital).


Carolina Grace & Mama



Such JOY


Having fun throwing leaves up in the air
Ella Rose just a year ago...wow time flies by

7 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i love the new blog background! so pretty! and I love this post! you and Ian ARE so blessed! and these girls are blessed to have YOU as their parents! love all the colors of those leaves, absolutely gorgeous!

love you!

Heather Estridge said...

Oh I remember hearing about last year's Christmas card photo shoot - brrr... I'm glad you had nicer weather to spend some time up at the castle this year! Great pix, especially love the 1st shot of Ella Rose walking in the leaves (in orange). You and Ian are surely blessed with 2 GREAT girls.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I like your cute new background it's adorable-The pictures are gorgeous. I can't wait to get mine back that we had done right before we left Kansas. I will post some pictures as soon as I get some time to get the camera downloaded. Grayden wants to go fishing this afternoon so we will have to get some pics of that as well-first time fishing.
Lots to get done-love ya
Cheri

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Awesome pictures, hon! Can't wait to get my Christmas card. :)

And I love your blog background. Miss you!

Linda Williams said...

Oh I love the pictures of all of you! The leaves were gorgeous! But not nearly as gorgeous as OUR grandaughters!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

The Miller Family said...

What awesome memories in the making! Ya'll look like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

V,
I haven't had much time lately to look at the blog and or email. Such wonderful pix and thanks for sharing your life with all of us that know and love you. You have such a beautiful family. You look great and such pure bliss in your eyes. Love those girls for me...hugs your way. I miss you lots.
Diane