Over President's Day weekend, we took a little vacation trip to Rothenburg and Nurnberg Germany...only about 2 1/2 hours away from where we live. We always have such a great time being together as a family and soaking in every sweet moment with each other. Oh how I am so grateful for my precious husband and baby girl! I am a very BLESSED lady!
The hotel restaurant had 4 other Americans eating while we were there...2 from NY, 1 from TX and 1 from VA...we felt right at home!
Rothenburg is a wonderful medieval walled city with beautiful cobblestone streets
Ella Rose just couldn't last one more minute...sacked out
We stayed in this charming little hotel...
Is this room awesome or what???
Not kidding...this bed is from 1779
In Europe they serve "Spaghetti Eis" which is ice cream that comes out of this machine like spaghetti...it's very very good esp when you're pregnant!
The hotel had this cute little antique rocking horse
Visiting the Criminal Museum in Rothenburg
Ella Rose always has a good time on Daddy's shoulders
This dessert is called Schneeball (Snowball)...I had to try one although Ian said it did NOT look good to him at all. Well we've had this standing joke since our 2nd date that Ian ALWAYS orders the best meal on the menu and before we got married he would trade with me since I didn't always order the BEST thing. Well when we tied the knot, Ian informed me that I just need to get the same thing he always does and I won't be disappointed...well it works every time, but this time I was convinced this Schneeball was going to be awesome but guess what??? It was awful...it's fried dough and not sweet enough...I was envisioning the fried dough at the State Fairs back in The States. Oh well my man was right again!
One of our favorite restaurants in Germany, "Zur Holl"...the building is over 1000 years old.
This was our guide on our "Night Watchmen" tour of Rothenburg
This was worth every bit of the 6 Euro we paid for an hour tour of Rothenburg at night. Our night watchman was hilariously funny telling us how the medieval days were in Rothenburg. Ella Rose took it all in and even stayed awake during the whole thing as we strolled her through the city
On to Nurnberg to the Castle
Ella Rose posing with Daddy
In front of Church of our Lady, Nurnberg
My husband and daughter seem to find a dog everywhere we go...this dog's name was Scarlett and can you believe she belongs to an Army couple based over here in Germany but Scarlett was born in Columbus, GA...a Southern Dog of all things and she is stylin' in her polka-dots!
.JPG)
Wow...we found a STARBUCKS!!!
Of course, we had to go in and get our hot chocolate (sorry Aunt Toni, Uncle Bubba, and Daddy)...I know you're disappointed that we didn't get a cup of coffee
.JPG)
Zeppelinfield...where the Hitler rallies were held
6 comments:
What a great weekend for your family. I'm so glad you had fun - too bad we didn't see each other in Rothenburg. Chris and I both laughed that you had the same reaction to the Schneeballen as we did. Did Ian try them? Now it's time for us all to catch up on rest, huh... Traveling with little ones is tiring!
What a great trip! and what wonderful pictures!
Would write more but I need to find Jackson.....Oh, there he is in the tent!
Love,
Mom
Isn't Rothenburg just wonderful. Just exactly what you think every German town should look like. The Night Watchman is so much fun. But I agree, those schneeballs are YUCK! They look much better than they are. We managed to find a Starbucks last weekend too...in Canterbury. It's like a sip of home! :) Love, Amy
I love the photo of the "Doggie Bag" we really enjoyed that one. You must be having a great time sight seeing all that beautiful historic country. I bet it has been great trying some of that food over there also. Yummmm
Yes...V.you are looking a little bit Prego..and you are just beaming!
Love,
Di
looks like a wonderful trip! and you ARE a very BLESSED lady! love all the pictures. these trips will be such wonderful memories one day when you are back in the states with the rest of us! :) mom's comment is hilarious...i think she got a little taste of my life lately with Jackson! he's something else! love the doggie bag photo and will make a mental note not to get a Schneeball and trust Ian when it comes to ordering food items! :) love you!
What a great trip. You are so blessed to have so many beautiful places nearby. And, trust me, you are the most radiant pregnant woman I have ever seen. Seriously. You don't look half as miserable as I feel.
Post a Comment