Last Saturday morning I got out early to catch a huge neighborhood garage sale not far from here and I found some great buys!!! I bought everything in the picture above for only $5.00. 1) The Children's Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner for only $1.00 and it came with batteries to boot (retails for 14.99) 2) Booster seat for only $1.00 in mint condition (retails for $10-12) 3) swimsuit flotation for only .75 and they run about 14.99 4) Etch-A-Sketch for $1.00 (retails for 11.99) 5) Baby Lulu top for .50 (we already have one so I can match the girls now) 6) Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer shirt that lights up and got it for .50.
One of the first garage sales I can ever remember going to was back in 2002 when a couple of my girlfriends, Rhoda and Rhonda came into Raleigh from Atlanta and we hit up this incredible neighborhood garage sale where I found an awesome book case for $15.00 and we bought some paint and they helped me paint it. Rhoda, a fabulous interior decorator seriously has a great eye for a good deal, and she is always finding these awesome bargains to decorate her home http://www.southernhospitality-rhoda.blogspot.com/ I am always amazed when I see all her great finds on her blog! When I get to Columbus, I hope to hop over to AL and maybe hit up a garage sale or two with Rhoda!
Ella Rose trying out the booster seat
I knew this would be a big hit! Ella Rose loves helping Mommy vacuum!
Remember the batteries that were included??? Well the vacuum cleaner made an awful, obnoxious noise so Ian took them out and now Ella Rose is wondering why it's not making any noise at all. We told her, "Yea, Daddy fixed it!" I know we're terrible, but you would be tempted to do the same thing I'm sure if you heard this vacuum cleaner. It was seriously louder than the one I use. Hee hee!
7 comments:
Ahhh, girl! I'm so glad you found some deals too. They are out there, just waiting to be found. You'll be smart to do that with your 2 girls, there are always LOTS of kids stuff that I see in mint condition. If I had some younguns, I'd sure be out there hitting the sales.
Thanks for the mention! I can't wait for you to move too, so be sure to keep me posted. I'd love for you to come for a visit. We've got 2 guestrooms. :)
We have the same vaccum and our batteries "disappeared"...hee hee!
Vonda-I can't believe that the fal at Southern Hospitality is a friend of yours. I have her in my list of blogs I follow, Check out my new blog www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com
you got some great deals! i bet you were on top of the world when you got home! :) for the longest time, after batteries would die in toys the kids would complain and we would just say..."oh well, it's broken." they seemed to get over it after that. that saxophone that Uncle Doyle gave Harrison one year had to "break". ha ha!!! now they know you can replace batteries so it works again. we just always seem to be out of batteries...LOL!!!!
I wish Bren would fall for the 'broken' toy bit. He now knows where the batteries are and is bound and determined to replace them himself one of these days. He's too smart for my own good...and his. My parents bought him that vacuum and he just LOVES it but it's for their house only. I already have one for him that I bought in Germany that looked exactly like my vacuum there. Should be coming in our Unaccompanied with the rest of the toys and their beds when we get to California in a little over a week. I hope, I hope, I hope... Glad you found such great deals and I'm so excited to be back in the land of the reasonably priced garage sale!!! Yay America!!!
Vonda, thanks so much for you sweet comment on my blog. I was a teacher before I was a stay-at-home mommmy and most of the time I find myself thinking that having a classroom full of 5th graders is way easier than having a 3 year old :)
I love your garage sale deals. Our neighborhood is having a huge yard sale today so I've got to get out there and find some deals myself. I really need one of those floaty swimsuits for my little girl this summer.
Enjoy the weekend and thanks for your encouragement on my blog!
Oh, honey. You're not terrible. I finally just now threw away a train toy of the boys' that drives me NUTS! I couldn't take it any longer. And it's gone. And I don't feel the least bit guilty. :)
Post a Comment