
Since we are in the military and we are living in Texas even for a short time, we can become Texas residents and that means no state income tax! YEA! There are perks to being in the military that's for sure! So we are official now and I'm just as proud as can be because folks from Texas have their own spunky attitude, and they kinda think they live in their own little country out here. Now I'm not gonna trade my Georgia peach status in anytime soon but I do LOVE Texas!
Ella Rose has become quite the independent little girl these days and everything we try to help her with she says, "I DO DIT!" (I do it!) so we were in the line at the DOT office the other day applying for our drivers licenses when I told Ella Rose, "one day Daddy will teach you how to drive," Ella Rose with a look of determination said, "NO, I DO DIT!" Do you think we're in for an exciting ride or what?
6 comments:
YEEEHAAAWWW...PROUD TEXAN..while we were at home in march there was a sign on the highway that said TEXAS SECEDE NOW...truth is it is probably the one state that could still survive, even alone...NOT that I am BIASED or anything lol...BIG HUG
Do you get to keep the residency status when you move to MS even when you buy a house? We're residents of FL and don't want to lose it when we buy our house so we're curious what they told you when you did it. Any info you have would be GREAT!
you know, Vonda and Brandi, that TX is the only state in the union that is legally allowed to secede from the union, right?? It's not a ridiculous thing to think we might secede if things get too bad!! If that happens, AJ and I are going to be on our way back there IMMEDIATELY! I really miss TX...we love living there...I'm even planning to drive down there for Thanksgiving and Christmas so I can get my car inspected, so that I don't have to get SC plates on my car...love those TX plates!
We are totally an entity all our own, us TX natives!!
great perk Vonda! :)
So, Ian is no longer a North Dakotan? Dang. No more "Fargo" jokes. :(
Well, I've never been to TX but I sure think I'd like it!
Some day we are hoping to be Alaskan residents. Right now, Chris has a Texas residency and I have mine in MD. It was quite comical buying a car in South Carolina when we got back from Germany and were moving to Ohio. Only someone in the military would understand :)
Post a Comment