We started the week off by going to this cool Kids Salon to get Ella Rose's 1st HAIRCUT. We were there right when the doors opened at 10:00 a.m., and we were the only ones there which made for some great picture taking. Now I've got to say this place was so cool...I mean really cool! I had been talking up the whole idea of getting a haircut to Ella Rose and trying to get her excited about it so she wouldn't be scared. Scared??? You've got to be kidding...first of all Ella Rose is a such a brave little girl, but then when we walked into the salon, there were little T.V.'s with kids videos running and cool chairs to sit in while getting your haircut so it was quite the adventure let me tell ya! And to top it off Tonya (the girl who cut Ella Rose's hair) was awesome and made the experience for Ella Rose so much fun. She is also a military wife and her husband will be back home in April after serving in Afghanistan for 13 months and to top it off she has 2 teenage girls so she has had a lot to do to hold down the fort while her man has been gone. And the icing on the cake...the haircut was FREE since Tonya didn't take too much of Ella Rose's hair off.

Before shot...Ella Rose's hair was not that long but it was getting straggly

Such a big girl...is that yellow VW bug cute or what??? It reminded me of my Daddy's 1973 blue VW bug

Tonya even put a few of her locks in a baggy for Mama to take home

Ella Rose was looking at herself in the mirror

"AFTER" shot

Even though Ella Rose was finished, she didn't want to leave
Taking a ride in the fire engine car
My precious baby girl who is not such a baby any more
7 comments:
Wasn't that such a fun experience...seeing your baby's first haircut!!! Ella Rose looks like such a sweet yound LADY!!! Not a baby anymore...oh how the time flies!
Precious pictures, Vonda! Must have gone to "Cool Cuts for Kids"? That is where Grant and Grayson had their first haircuts and we have their pictures and a little strand of hair from each for their baby books....
Beautiful little girl! She is growing up fast...
love ya,
gena
I want to sit in a car the next time I go for a haircut!!! Is that place a chain??? I do Bren's but b/c of Alex's little "bald spot birthmark," I don't want to keep doing his hair as he gets older. I've done o.k. but it's still a bit of a "chop job" when I do it so I'd LOVE to find some place like what you found. AWESOME! And she's adorable...of course!
Oh that is so much fun!! How come I can't sit in a cool car like that when I get my hair cut?!?! It looks like you all had a blast. Most importantly, she had a great time! Go Mama!
how fun! so glad you were able to make getting a haircut such a FUN experience! i've had to get so many haircuts with the boys, i'll be pleased if Addison can make it to almost 2 before her first! :)
Where in the world do you find such cool places Vonda? Ella Rose is just so beautiful! JJ would have loved sitting in the cars, especially the red one! He didn't like his hair being cut. I had to hold him still...
I am glad to hear that you have settled in. Life is good!
Post a Comment