Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Movin' on up to Toddlers


Just a year ago I dropped Ella Rose off at Mother's Morning Out for the first time when she was 5 months old. I remember blogging about it last year...how I sat in the parking lot and cried and called Ian and told him I just didn't think I could leave her. Well last week Ella Rose graduated from the nursery to TODDLERS...can you believe how big she is getting? And the black diaper bag with the pink ruffle is now history and she is now taking her personalized backpack...she is such a big girl although they told me she didn't do too well with nap time on the mat. Of course Ella Rose also still sleeps in a crib so this is quite a new experience for her. She also hasn't quite gotten it that she is supposed to ONLY drink from her sippy cup and nobody else's.



Proud of her backpack


Ella Rose is always carrying a baby these days

Look at these cute red tennis shoes

Taking care of her babydoll is serious business

11 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

look at this sweet girl! i can't just imagine her cute little self bee boopin into MMO with her back pack on! she is a doll! i bet she feels like hot stuff in the toddler class. and i don't blame her, i wouldn't want to lay down either and tasting what other friends had brought to drink sounds like a fun little project to work on! :) she is SO cute and i just love her red tennis shoes! i miss you guys so much!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Vonda-what a DOLL. Our babies grow up so fast. Gabby is VERY interested in potty training-I'd be so thrilled if this was the last box of diapers I had to run to Sam's Club to purchase. Love the red tennis shoes. I need to e-mail you and find out about Ian's trip and how you are doing sweet girl. I've been praying for you guys.

Love ya bunches,
Cheri

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Look at those awesome red shoes! And her backpack! Great pictures, hon!

Heather Estridge said...

Oh, she was so ready, wasn't she? I bet she had a blast! Perhaps that is part of the reason that she didn't want to sleep ;) Wish our girls could play together - they would have a ball! Miss you guys!

Linda Williams said...

Oh my goodness, Ella Rose looks so grown-up! And with her own little back pack! What a doll baby she is! And what a talker.....I have loved hearing her talk to us on the phone now! I know you (Vonda) will be having some competition in the "talking department".

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Anonymous said...

Is her her fathers daughter or what..??

Enjoy those days V...they do grow up so so fast.
Di

Lori Wright said...

Those are sooo cute! I'm so glad she's getting good use out of the backpack Will sent her. It looks so adorable on her. Will started MMO this week, and is carrying his, also....Such big boys and girls!

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!!! I love her backpack! My girls have the similar ones with their names too - and yep, they are proud to carry them into Mother's Day Out as well! LOVE IT! She really is the cutest little thing - and I love her red shoes. Every girl needs some super cute shoes!

Anonymous said...

My, my, my...She sure is growing up fast and such a beautiful little girl! Those little red shoes are too cute! What a little doll! Sure do miss you and can't wait to get you back to the states!!!! :-)

GENA

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Vonda, what cute babies you make! Your girls are just adorable & I'm so happy for you. Got your announcement in the mail, it was precious. Have fun with those sweet things!

xo,
Rhoda

Changed by His Love said...

I am teaching the 1 year old class this year at preschool because Noah can go with me and I love my little 1 year olds...and yes, trying out what others brought in their sippy is the bestest!!! I have several of those little ones who do that...
I sure do miss my 2 year olds though... :)