Saturday, August 23, 2008

Soaking up every single minute with our girls

What better excuse to buy a new camera since we have two beautiful baby girls! We are enjoying every single minute with our sweet girls, and they are truly such a joy! I am doing less cleaning and dusting these days and just enjoying the moment I have NOW because my baby girls are growing up too fast. I realize how the last year of Ella Rose's life has absolutely flown by so I try to hold Carolina Grace a bit more and sit down on the floor and play with Ella Rose because it will seem like tomorrow, and they'll be heading off to college. My prayer, "Lord, help me to treasure my family each day and help me to see what really matters...help my little girls to know how much their Mama loves them."


Ella Rose's favorite pasttime

Look Mom...no hands!
Wheee.........................
"Yea...2 slides...one for me and one for Daddy!"
Ian is such a good Daddy...what a great sport!
Daddy and his girl
Our girls are so blessed to have Ian as their Daddy...he is such a tender soul
Look at that sweet smile
Carolina Grace has such a sweet little disposition
Couldn't you just squeeze her? Yeah, I know I sound like a proud Mama!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, I could squeeze them both :-) What precious girls. Bravo for you in regards to letting the dust collect. Play with those girls. My "baby" is 9 and time is flying. You have a beautiful family.

Susan

Heather Estridge said...

Time does fly, doesn't it? Even more with kids! You got some great pictures with your new camera! Love the picture of Ella Rose on the swing up HIGH and then the one with Ian walking through the woods with Ella Rose :) Miss you guys!

anthonyandbeth said...

wow vonda! the pictures are GREAT and i can't wait to get one of these cameras myself. so jealous you bought your's so quickly! :) love the action shots of ER on the slide and in the swing. she is the cutest! and LOVE the pictures of CG smiling. what beautiful girls you and Ian have! and yes, i could just squeeze them good if i could get my hands on them! :)

Lori Wright said...

These are GREAT pictures! We are about to have to get a new camera b/c ours just broke. What kind did you get?

Linda Williams said...

Oh I do not know which photo I like the most....all of them are great! I do love the one of Ian and Ella Rose going down the slide together...That will go really well at her wedding one day to show at the reception....Oops...I should not scare Ian to death! But it will seem like it is such a short time from now and it will be here!

And then, the one of Carolina Grace sticking her tongue out is so precious!

Beautiful girls.....I am like Aunt Beth, I can hardly wait to get my hands on them again!

Love,
Mom

Keith Miller said...

Vonda,

Thanks so much for the card! Carolina Grace is precious, and I do love that last pic in the posts!

God Bless,
Keith

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are precious girls and beautiful like their mama! I know y'all are proud of them! Don't worry about the dusting as it will always be there regardless. Just love and spend time with those girls!
Give them kisses from "Aunt" Gena!

Love you guys!

The Miller Family said...

I love ALL the pictures!! So glad to see you breaking in the new camera. You are so blessed with your beautiful family!! Such sweethearts.

Jean said...

Great pictures, Vonda! The smile on Ella Rose's face at the playground is so infectious--you should see me right now, I'm grinning from ear to ear!! And Carolina Grace sticking her little pink tongue out...adorable! As my mother-in-law would say, "I just want to eat them up"!

Anonymous said...

V,
Carolina Grace has the same silly and full of life smile as Ella Rose. How much fun you are having with those two. I love the photos of Ella Rose in the swing..great shot and of Carolina Grace...the closeups..yes I want to squeeeze her.
Di

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Awesome pictures, hon! Those minutes do go by so fast!

Anonymous said...

Goodness Vonda! Your girls are beautiful - absolutely precious! Don't worry about that dusting/vacuuming/etc...my house is always a mess b/c I'm trying to live it up with my kids too. They do grow up way too fast. Emma Grace is 5 next week and my baby is 1 next weekend. ugh!

Susie Q said...

Hey sweet thing! It looks like you guys are having fun! Boy does time fly. You guys are doing such an awesome job raising them. They look so content and happy. Love to you ALL!

Susan