O.T., a fella who works with Ian, was gracious enough to bring us 1 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts back from his trip to The States. Of course Ian and I LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts and when that Neon sign is on that says, "Hot doughnuts", I have been known to do U-turns in the middle of the road. We don't have Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in Germany so this was a HUGE TREAT! Thank you O.T.!
O.T. also took us to a cafeteria on one of the bases close to where we are that has Soul Food every Thursday. Well we've been there now every Thursday for 3 weeks...Ella Rose has eaten collard greens, black eyes peas and okra for the first time. She loves the collard greens, yams, and black eyed peas but wasn't crazy about the okra. And can you believe O.T. is also from Georgia! Of course he knows good food when he sees it!
A True Southern girl...eating collard greens for the very first time...I'm just such a proud Mama that Ella Rose loves all this good ole Southern food! :)
8 comments:
Hey Vonda! So good to hear from you on our blog! Your little girl is just so cute. I know your mom is just tickled pink with these new grandbabies you and Beth are blessing her with!
All I can say is she's just like her Auntie Heather when it comes to the no-okra thing!
So glad you got some "Fresh! Hot! Now!"
Way to go Ella Rose! Every good southern girl has to eat her collard greens. Try your okra with ketchup next time and see if you like them that way; that's how all us girls from K-town like them! :)
What a good eater she is, willing to try anything! Did you give her a doughnut also?
Oh my goodness! You are making Mimi and Papa hungry already!
We are all packed up and ready to come....can't wait to see our little Ella Rose! Tell her that her Mimi and Papa are on the way!
Love,
Mimi and Papa
"'Hot doughnuts', I have been known to do U-turns in the middle of the road."
Spoken like a true Southerner! I think my chemical make up is about 10% Krispy Kreme.
I used to have our children completely convinced that if the "hot" light was one, our car automatically turned into Krispy Kreme on it's own and I couldn't control it :)
Trying to keep on driving past it these days....
It must be so wonderful to get some tastes of home so far away. I must say that Ella Rose will have to eat the collards for me, though. I could eat okra all day, but collards, no thanks!
Anxiously awaiting some baby news..
Love, The Pittard Gang
krispy kreme sounds excellent to me right now! ;)
Post a Comment