Thursday, June 12, 2008

Celebrating our 3rd Anniversary


I can hardly believe Ian and I have been married now for 3 years! And boy has it been an AWESOME 3 years! We got married on June 12, 2005, sold my house in Raleigh, quit my job with Continental, found out we were moving to Germany, sold Ian's house, sold my car, Ian went to training for 6 weeks to learn how to fly the C-21, we moved to Germany 5 months after we got married, our precious baby girl was born in March 2007 and now we are expecting our 2nd baby girl due within a few days, and we'll probably be leaving Germany before our 4th Anniversary. So our lives have been a whirlwind since we were married, but we thank God for His grace and blessings upon our marriage. He has been so faithful, and we thank Him for strengthening our marriage and giving us such a sweet love for each other. We sure had to wait a long time for each other, but it was well worth the wait. I would live every "single" day all over again even though it was sometimes very lonely knowing that God had Ian in store for me. I praise God for the wonderful man He has blessed me with.

What a man...helping me with my poofy dress!


I adore this man even more today than I did the day I married him!



The love of my life




My Prince looking all handsome in his US Air Force mess dress
Going to dinner tonight...now I really have some poof going on...don't think I could fit into that wedding dress now
I love my man...he is such a hoot!
Enjoying Dinner just the 2 of us while Mimi and Papa kept Ella Rose

9 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

what a sweet post!!! all the pix take me back to that beautiful wedding day!!! it was amazing!! we are so happy for you both and just so thankful to the Lord that he brought you together! we prayed for Ian for a long time and to see you both so in love just makes me want to cry right now out of joy for the two of you!!! and now, Ella Rose and soon Carolina Grace!!! what a precious family you two have!!! you are blessed beyond words! we love you and wish we were there to count down the days to the next BIG event in the Livingston home!!!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Happy 3rd you two! Wish I could have been there to serenade you with the dulcimer. Ah, well. Maybe for the 4th anniversary. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Love, Heather :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!!! I have been thinking about you all day. I cant believe it has been 3 years. I hope you are enjoying every minute before Carolina Grace arrives.


Love you guys,
Di

Heather Estridge said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that it has only been 3 years! You guys have done a lot in that time! I loved seeing all of your wedding pictures! You, Vonda looked so gorgeous and Ian, so handsome. Now, very soon you'll be expanding your love again to another daughter. We can't wait for the posting with Carolina Grace. Miss you guys!

Keith Miller said...

Congratulations Vonda and Ian! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Awww, Vonda! You were such a beautiful bride & you and Ian make such a great looking couple. I can't believe it's been 3 years..and look at all the blessings you've received. Just got your email about your 2nd blessing & I can't wait to see more of her.

Big congrats from me!

Love you!
Rhoda

Tom and Elisha Wyant said...

Vonda, Your pics are gorgeous! And did a little birdie tell me something about an arrival lately? :) Get on it girl....get those pictures posted!!! I know you have a newborn and probably aren't sleeping...but come on...get those pics posted! :) Congrat! Elisha

Susie Q said...

What a beautiful day that was! Wow, Vonda the time just flies. I was glad to celebrate with you and Ian on your special day. A day I know you waited and prayed for. Blessing to you both! Love ya!

Linda Williams said...

Wasn't that a wonderful day! The day 3 years ago AND the one this year too! What an answer to prayer that God put you two together and now has multiplied your happiness by 2 more!

Love,
Mom & Dad