Friday, January 25, 2008

Feeling good now


Just one week ago today, we had to take Ella Rose to the emergency room because she had been vomiting for 8 days. There has been a horrible stomach bug going around Germany, and it definitely hit Ella Rose. We were quite worried about her as she lost almost a pound during the 8 day ordeal and looked kinda skinny to us but she is doing GREAT now praise God! Today was GLORIOUS here in Germany with temps in the 50's so Ella Rose and I just had to get out for a nice long walk. I felt like I was back in Georgia in the middle of the Winter...it was awesome. The first Winter we were in Germany, it snowed the day after we arrived (Nov. 24), and it ended up snowing for 40 days that Winter (yes I kept count) with the last big snow storm in March with a whopping 3 feet of snow. The next year I prayed that we would not get that much snow...seriously it was just way too cold for this Georgia Peach so last Winter and this year (so far) we've had very mild Winter's! Yeah! And today while we were out on our walk, Ella Rose experienced her 1st ride in a swing...she loved it!

Ready for our walk

Sittin' pretty


Wheee......this is fun!!!


9 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Sad ER picture. :-( Poor sweet girl. BUT - wonderful swing pictures! Glad she loved it and that you had a beautiful day!

Miss you!

evehenry said...

Oh, Vonda. I am so very sorry that Ella Rose was in the hospital. I know how scary that can be. I'm so glad she's feeling better. You know, the older she gets, the more she looks just like you!

Heather Estridge said...

Dear Ella Rose, Glad you are feeling better. Being sick stinks, doesn't it? Hey, my mom said that when it gets warmer outside that maybe we could go swing together. Love ya, KTE

Heather Estridge said...

Vonda, HATE that you had to take Ella Rose to the ER but LOVE that you had your camera with...
Swing pictures are darling! Hope you all don't get stationed somewhere where they really get snow, hee hee.

Linda Williams said...

Having a great time with your parents. Had plenty to eat....spaghetti and beef stew. I thought your Mom was gonna eat ALL the bread! And the Bananna Pudding made with sour cream (I tried a new recipe on your Mom and Dad) came out really good. Your Dad had 2 servings so that convinced me!

The pictures of Ella Rose are beautiful. Just wish you three were with us! But you will the pictures, I am sure cuz your Mom is equipped with Video AND camera!

Love,
Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh pooh on the ER trip! I thought we were going to make one this week with Jack (ManChild) too but breathing treatments at the dr.'s office avoided it! Yeah! I'm so excited your having another girl - 2 girls is soooo much fun. My favorite thing is to listen to the girls giggling and playing together. It's just stinkin' sweet! Then, of course, I love my boy too...can't leave him out! Haha!

anthonyandbeth said...

poor Ella Rose at the ER! looks like she's keeping up with Harrison, except Harrison spent the night in the hospital at 11 months with croup. remember that??? she looks adorable in the swing! you guys are going to LOVE those big parks they have on the base. i wish we could have stopped at one when we were visiting you that time, Harrison would have had a ball! it's nice it's only a walk away! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok..I have to ask..
Does Ella Rose always keep those head bands on? That is incredible if she does. I cant believe she doesnt seem to mind them..and check out those little teethies....beautiful!

Vonda said...

Yes Di...most of the time Ella Rose doesn't mess with her bows...the secret is to put the bows and hats on immediately when they arrive (I'm not kidding) and then they'll never realize that the bows and hats are there.