We just got the "OFFICIAL" orders and that was all after we got a bit concerned that we may be heading to Del Rio, TX. Well thankfully that was corrected after a clerical error which I'm sure God was just testing our ability to have FAITH in HIM re our PCS (Permanent Change of Station) because Del Rio was nowhere on our WISH list, but then again Germany was not on our final wish list for 2005 either, but God had other plans for Ian and I and opened up the door for us to come here and wow has it ever been a HUGE BLESSING! (and that's a post for another day)
This is the pix where we received the info about our next PCS...thankfully my Mama always has her camera out and ready to snap. I kinda look a bit serious, but we were trying to take in all the details of what Ian's commander was telling him. But let me tell you we are so excited because this was our 1st choice.
Okay see if you can guess:
1) We are going to the DEEP SOUTH
2) The city's nickname is Possom Town (sounds fancy huh) hee hee!
2) The city's nickname is Possom Town (sounds fancy huh) hee hee!
3) They eat a whole lot of CATFISH there
4) There is a really big river that runs through this state that is the 2nd longest river in the USA
4) There is a really big river that runs through this state that is the 2nd longest river in the USA
5) State flower is the Magnolia (oh I just love these)
WE ARE GOING TO........................
Columbus, MISSISSIPPI! And get this...we leave in less than 4 weeks!!! Yikes...we have so much to do it's not funny and with 2 babies I know this move is not going to be easy especially internationally!
And to top it off we are heading to San Antonio, TX first for Ian's training for 4 months and then to Mississippi! So by the end of June we will pull into MS, find a house, and we'll be halfway through 2009 and heading towards Christmas again! A lot will happen in the next 6 months...Ella Rose will turn 2 in TX, we'll celebrate Ian's birthday in TX, we'll celebrate our 4th Anniversary probably somewhere between TX and MS and then Carolina Grace will turn 1 right around the time we arrive in MS. God is faithful, and I know He has gone before us and it will be exciting to see what God has in store for our family! We know He is in control and we stand on the truth of Jeremiah 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you a hope and a future".
Okay I better go because I have a lot of packing to do!!!
8 comments:
I'm so glad the Del Rio thing got worked out :)...I am so excited to see what God has in store for you and your precious family, via blogspot :)...You and your family will be MISSED here in Germany!! Who knows we all may cross paths again via the military but if not on this earth, I'll hunt you down in heaven :)...Big hugs!!
Yippeee!!!! I'm so excited the girls are gonna get a good dose of the Deep South while they are little! :)
While you're in San Antonio, we need to get together - it's only about an hour & 15 minutes from us! Wooohoo!!!
I figured Del Rio was a mistake. Half-asleep Air Force personnel at the wheel... :)
Can't wait for you to get back to the states! Miss you guys like crazy!
so exciting! this year is gonna fly for y'all! seriously!:) we can't wait to see you in April...TX here we come! :) love you
yaaay! Can't wait to see you!
Oh I just LOVE it when I get in on all the excitment of life! Yes, We will be able to get some GOOD catfish and fried pickles!
But before the catfish, we will get some GREAT, AUTHENTIC Mexican food at San Antonio!
Oh.....We just cannot wait to get all five of our special gifts from Heaven together. (I sent my camcorder to be serviced today....cuz I am gonna be videoing!
Love,
Mimi & Papa
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!
Close to New Orleans, so when we go there, we can visit. Oh my how I have missed you. I am praying for a smooth transition. Believe me, I understand the stress. I'll have to email to catch up. The girls are gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you all. I love you, girl!!!
Hey Vonda!!!
Yeah! Back to the states in just a month, huh? When you come to San Antonio, we will come and visit!! I will be so glad to see you and those precious girls!!! I CANNOT WAIT!! I AM READY TO GO NOW so I can be there to greet you when you pull into town!! (Can you tell that I am excited???)
OK....I am excited and will be thinking of you and praying for a smooth transition!
Love you girl,
gena
Post a Comment