You can barely see us because of the FOG but we stayed at the Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe in Baden-Baden on our weekend getaway
It was kind of eerie with all the fog and it was bitter cold too
The Santa caps on the boxwoods were a nice touch
We just couldn't pass up one more Christmas market (and our last) in Baden-Baden
And of course a crepe is a MUST when you go to Weihnachts Markts
The little town of Baden Baden is beautiful and quaint and can you believe 1 in every 5 residents is a millionaire
Baden-Baden's Christmas market had a wonderful amphitheatre
The city was lit up so beautifully for Christmas
Real live nativity with real animals (Ella Rose would have loved this)
There are always more pictures of me because Ian likes taking the pictures and doesn't enjoy being in them so much
Great staircase at the hotel
Great restaurant in the hotel
We got a kick at how little food came out for each course at dinner...Ian's funny comment of the night..."ya know I'm just a Cracker Barrel kind of guy". I laughed and laughed about that!
Ready to dig in...it took me about 10 seconds to eat this and I eat slow can you believe!
We had such a great time and we so appreciated Mimi and Papa keeping the girls while we were able to spend some great time together. And I couldn't believe I went a whole day on Saturday without changing a single diaper...that's a first in 21 months. WOW!!!
Yea...finally some food! It took about 3 hours from start to finish for the meal. Another funny comment of the night from my goodlookin' man..."this is why rich people are so skinny...they don't get enough food."
And at that very minute about 5 really skinny people passed our table. Hee hee!
I am so blessed to have Ian
Breakfast in our room...and can you believe...they don't serve grits, biscuits, or gravy in Germany
The Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe was a total splurge, but we are so glad we went because the day after we found out we're leaving Germany in just 4 short weeks!
Our hotel supposedly had this incredible breathtaking view as it is in The Black Forest, but we never saw the view because of the fog. The rustling wind was awesome. It was kind of stuffy in the room at night so we would open the windows and listen to the sound of the wind.
Going back down the mountain in The Black Forest
The fog was lifting as we went down the mountain and no we drove down the mountain and just stopped on the side of the road. :) We'll save hiking for another day when it is NOT 30 degrees.
And what's so funny...the topic of our conversation on our trip...THE GIRLS...now that we're parents we can't imagine our lives without our precious girls. Our lives have been a whirlwind in the 3 1/2 years we have been married...3 moves, 2 homes sold, 1 car sold, 2 babies born, a new job for Ian, me quitting my job after 16 years with Continental and little did we know the day after we got back from our weekend getaway we would find out where the Air Force would send us next. I would do it all again, and most of all I would not want to take this adventure with any other man in the world than Ian.
7 comments:
what a wonderful post Vonda! i'm so glad you have Ian! we couldn't be happier for the two of you! you two are so blessed! the getaway looks like it was wonderful! you look so beautiful in your black dress, shawl, and black boots! so classy! :) i'm sure Ian was proud to have you on his arm! :)
Vonda you look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your wonderful weekend away with all of us. I don't know if I missed it somewhere else on your blog or if you are waiting to post it separately about where the Air Force is sending y'all next? I know you'll have a great adventure wherever you and your precious family travel. God be with y'all.
10 stars for your post!! Love how you ended it, beautiful words!! Now I know the skinny secret :), guess I'm just going to be a happy and plump in my life time lol...
Beautiful pictures, hon! And you guys look so wonderful! I know you enjoyed your weekend away and thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us!
I loved the pictures of Baden-Baden! We loved our getaway there. Did you go to any of the baths? We did, and boy, is that a funny story. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. Looks like y'all had a great trip! Cant' wait to see you when you head South!
Well, I AM glad that you and Ian got to go on a romatic get-away but I am GLADDER that Mimi and Papa got to keep those precious little girls!
We had a ball. And they were so GOOD! (And we are not fibbing either!)
Love,
Mimi and Papa
What are you doing-packing or something-I wondering where more pictures and posts are--heehee
Post a Comment