Thursday, December 18, 2008

Take 2 with Santa


So the first time we saw Santa after Thanksgiving we kinda just ran into him at the BX (Military Department store). Noone was even taking pictures, but no worries, I ALWAYS carry mine so I can snap all these great moments. So after we (or should I say Ella Rose) didn't have a great experience the first time around, I decided to do what a friend of mine always does with her daughter.

I have this great friend whose name is Heather who now lives in OH, but she used to live in Germany and she always prepares Katie for all these holidays (the Easter Bunny, wearing her costume for trick or treating, Santa, etc.). I always get the biggest kick out of reading Heather's blog and seeing how Heather gets Katie ready for all these big events. Well the day before we went to visit Santa the 2nd time around, I started talking Santa up. So I guess all it took was a little preparation because Ella Rose did great and actually enjoyed it, and of course Carolina Grace just enjoys being where all the action is and anywhere her her big Sister is she wants to be there too.

So much to look at

Carolina Grace says, "hmmm...so we meet again?"

Carolina Grace's 1st Christmas

Sugar Plum Lane in Ramstein, Germany on base

6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i LOVE it! what a good mommy to prepare ER!!! :) i LOVE their outfits! Rudolf is the best! you dress those girls so CUTE! ;)

Heather Estridge said...

Vonda, I'm glad it worked to prepare Ella Rose to see Santa! I love the pictures. It cracks me up how both girls are looking at Santa and then in another picture they are both looking away in opposite directions ;) Merry Christmas!

Lori Wright said...

Love their Christmas outfits! The girls look adorable and so HAPPY!

Anonymous said...

Very cute...I love the pix with Santa...

My kids get mesmorized by the nice man in red this time of year too. They both are getting to be such big girls..wow

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey Vonda. Adorable pics. We weren't sure how Gabby would do since she is more of a girls girl-more reluctant around men. We took them to the mall and she fell asleep-was sick and not feeling good. She didn't wake up. Ken went to get her off Santa's lap and she woke so Santa told us to put her back on his lap. She was so sweet touching his beard and giving him hugs. The next day we were getting ready to run errands and she asked if we were going to see Santa again. Gabby and Grayden watch a Barney Christmas tape all the time so I think she really was prepared because of that.

Linda Williams said...

How precious these 2 are! That was a nice Santa too!

Love,
Mom and Dad