Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lots of fun at the Schlitterbahn


Back in May when Mimi and Papa came out for a visit we took a trip to The Schlitterbahn (waterpark) right outside of San Antonio. There was a great children's area for toddlers and by the end of the day we were all sacked out with all the fun we had!

Ella Rose had a blast!

Running through the Carwash area with the girls

Is this cute or what?

On your mark...get set...go

Such a big girl

SPLASH

Carolina Grace taking it all in

Ella Rose and Papa

Such fun

Look Papa, look!

Our little firecracker with all of her energy!

Papa is such a cool Grandpa and Carolina Grace thinks so too!

Mimi is always right there in the middle of it all enjoying the girls
By the end of the day, Ella Rose was coming down the bigger slide

Bathing beauty
Our doll baby
Getting so sleepy
A bit water logged
Full of energy again after that power nap
Mimi and Carolina Grace

Look at how white we are compared to Papa. Unfortunately I did not get my Daddy's great olive skin and the girls didn't have a chance with Ian and I both being so fair so we'll keep slathering on the 50 SPF

I think I had just as much fun as the girls!

Mama with her girls

9 comments:

Jason and Amy said...

Looks like yall had a blast! How funny is it that the water park has a German sounding name?

Its So Very Cheri said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. How are things going?
I have another blog-# 3 When you go to Its So Very Cheri you can click the button on the right side panel to go over to Its So Very Cheri 2- OUR FAVORITE THINGS. Still loading into that one but go take a look.
AND I have a give-a-way going on this week at Its So Very Cheri
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Shugart Family said...

My sister in law goes to schlitterbahn a lot!! Their family loves it!! Looks AWESOME!! Nice going to a German/Texan community :-)in New Braunfels!! Did you eat any schnitzel? I have heard the german food there is GREAT!!

Kathy said...

Schlitterbahn is AWESOME!! We loved to go there! We also used to go tubing on the Guadalupe River. I almost drowned on one of the legs out there...

But the park is so much fun, and I miss being able to go to it. That's a fantastic area of TX...probably one of my favorite areas...notice how much it looks like Germany?? I wonder why the Germans all settled there?? Hmmm...and yes, the german food there is amazing, and we just so loved visiting that New Braunfels area.

Glad y'all were able to go and have fun! Say hi to TX for me...I miss it!

Jean said...

What fun!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

great pictures Vonda. i never realize you've updated the blog b/c you change the dates and they don't pop up on my blog roll. :) oh well, i'll have to start checking more often on my own. :)

waterparks are SO fun! i'm glad y'all got to go. can't wait to see the pictures from Sunday. :) yeah, Papa has great skin and Harrison and Addison got it for sure. :) We keep them slathered in 50 too and they just tan right through it. :)

love you!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Vonda, darlin', you all are absolutely the most beautiful family! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Linda Williams said...

Didn't we have a great time! But there is one thing that that place did not take into account.....STROLLERS! Do you remember how on the first side that we went to, there were NO ramps for the strollers? Ba Humbug! But we had a great time in spite of that fact! The girs were a delight to watch....Can't wait for Hilton Head!!!!!

Love,
Mimi and Pap

Heather Estridge said...

From the title I thought you were back in Germany. Looks like a GREAT place. Love that they have toddler slides!