Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New orders with the US Air Force

It's been almost a month now since I've blogged because we have been in major transition! But we have gotten our orders with the United States Air Force and we are heading to Tampa, FL and Ian will be returning to the KC-135! We are excited that we will be in the Southeast near friends and family and especially so our girls can get to know the people who are so dear to us and who love them too. In the last week we looked for houses in the Tampa area, and we have decided to build a home in a beautiful development that is very kid friendly with great swimming pools, a YMCA, 30 miles of nature trails and playgrounds. We are thrilled that God has blessed us with finding such a great area and our home will be finished right after Christmas so we will be so excited to finally get settled! Our home will be open to our precious friends and family when you want to come to the beach or take a trip to see Mickey. We'll have plenty of room and some good ole Southern cooking too as well as a couple of rocking chairs on the front porch so we can sip on some sweet tea!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

CONGRATS!! Glad you have a place and plan and all!! Did you decide if you're going to Altus with Ian or not?

Heather Estridge said...

YEAH! I'm so happy to see your post! Can't wait to hear more about the house and see pix. The neighborhood sounds wonderful. Where will you be living until the home is finished? Sure would like to come over and taste some of your Southern cookin' and sip tea while the kids play. Maybe Chris will have a tdy that direction that we can tag along some time. Miss you friend. Love, Heather

TheTNWades said...

Long wait, but what an awesome blessing! Glad to have you settled and in the future perfect home for memories.

anthonyandbeth said...

so happy that things are finally coming together Vonda! love you

Shannon said...

Congrats! Hope the build goes smoothly and hope a nice big Georgia-style porch is in the plans! I'm sitting there already with you in my mind, though Vin's drinking the Sweet Tea...ALL of it! ;) Luv you and give a call when you get a breath! Would LOVE to hear from you and just not sure what craziness you're dealing with. We *should* be moving into our house by next Friday. Woozers, what an ordeal!

Shugart Family said...

So happy you guys!! The house sounds SOOO EXCITING and the area sounds fantabulous!! God always has a better plan :-) Luv ya girlie!!!

The Miller Family said...

We've missed ya'll sweet friends! So happy to hear that things have worked out so wonderfully for you. I bet your folks are tickled with joy to have you so close! We love and miss you more than you can imagine.

Modern Mia said...

YAY! I'll bring some pound cake to go with the sweet tea and rocking chairs. So glad y'all are below the Mason-Dixon line and get a front porch!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the excitement in your blog ...I know that this sounds like such a perfect ..ideal ..move for all of you. I cant wait to come down and play.

Di

Linda Williams said...

And oh now nice it was to get in a car and DRIVE to see you! No airplane trip!

It was wonderful spending time with those 2 little live wires! And what little live wires they are! They enjoy EVERY minute of EVERY day! And so did their Mimi and Papa.....Now the energy level that they have totally exhaust what their Mimi and Papa has but we STILL loved it!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Hon, it was so, so, so, so GREAT seeing you guys this past weekend! I love all four of you, miss you again ALREADY, and can't wait to see you guys again.

Kiss those sweet girls for me and squeeze Ian's cheeks.

Its So Very Cheri said...

So when did you get to FL?

We will have to plan some get togethers. I told Ken, Ella Rose and Gabby together would thrill Gabby. She would be in a girly world of thrills and enjoyment with another girl. they would be best of friends,at least I hope they would be, just like their Mamas and I hope their friendship lasts a life time.

Now that you are settled in. I hope you will post more often. I actually added you to my its so very cheri blog so I don't have to click over to our family one to check your blog, partially because I am so swamped with the its so very cheri blog. I can not believe how it has exploded. I haven't been to my blog this morning yet. I am still answering e-mails but I am getting about 600 visitors a day and every week it grows even more and it will only be 4 months old this weekend. My blog rankings for blogs similar to mine was 41 last night. I went up 5 rankings in one day and I'm on the first page. now I just need advertisers to join in on the fun.
Love ya girl,
Cheri

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Vonda, so glad to hear you'll be settled at last. So, I guess you are staying put for awhile if ya'll are building a house. That's great, Tampa is a beautiful area, I have lots of relatives in the Brandon area. Wish We were a bit closer, but maybe one of these days, we'll see each other in person again.

Love & hugs!