Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big change of plans

Well do you remember the yellow house that we loved so much in Columbus, MS? Do you remember us questioning and not understanding why God closed the door on that home but KNOWING He had a plan...well we understand a lot more now as we are NOT going to Columbus, Mississippi! Ian has been doing a lot of soul searching re this new position he would take in Columbus, MS and after 5 grueling months of instructor training he came to the decision that this position was not the best fit for him. We have done a lot of praying and seriously believe God is closing the door on this for our family. So...we are now in a holding pattern and waiting to find out where the Air Force will send us next. When we found out in December we were going to MS, we were ecstatic, but we know the Lord is up to something BIG and He has something great for our family.

The last 7 months of transition have been tough to say the least. Moving is never easy but renting someone else's home and not having your own stuff is hard too AND with 2 toddlers it makes it challenging to say the least. But the last 7 months have been months of TRIALS, LONELINESS, GROWTH, and TRUSTING that God has His Hand on our family. Ian and I have been so very blessed that our marriage has been so sweet and God has been so gracious to us during this very difficult time of stress. We have missed our sweet friends in Germany so much as well as our great church and we look forward to getting plugged into a church body again as soon as we get settled for good.

We are still in San Antonio, but we are out of our rental home and living in a hotel and trust me living in a hotel with 2 toddlers is not fun for them bless their hearts because there are so many things they aren't supposed to touch, but I know we will all make it and hopefully we'll find out where we're heading next week. We know there is growth in the WAITING and we will be purified and made even stronger through all of this, but we so look forward to finally having a place called HOME again!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

we'll be praying for y'all that everything works for God's plans! Take care, and let me know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Shannon said...

Love you guys and know God will provide! Praise Him who is All-Knowing and Wonderful!

Keith and Judy said...

Ah, the beauty of faith. I always wonder how people make it through life in the military without our AWESOME God to lean on.

Lean on Him. I can't wait to se what the future holds for you all!

Shugart Family said...

Praying for each of you Vonda, and I am thanking Him for the FAITH and TRUST Ian and you OBVIOUSLY have :-) You both are wonderful testimony to Him and HIS power!!! Luv you guys!!

Rachel said...

Toddlers and hotels. Yikes! I am praying for you guys during this crazy transition time. I admire your faith! I pray for God's perfect timing and your very own "big yellow house with a huge front porch" soon.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey guys-I am praying for you. I can only imagine what it must be like to be in a hotel. I TOTALLY understand the desire to be in your own place with your own things. It will be exciting to see what God does next.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Vonda, thanks for letting us know! Awww, selfishly I'm disappointed that you want be closer to me, I was SO hoping to get together & see you in the next few months. But, who knows where you'll be, maybe closer after all. I love your attitude, girl! You know that God has the best plan for your family & you'll find out very soon. xoxo

Andi said...

We are keeping you family in our thoughts and prayers! We can only imagine how difficult these last few months have been. Your faith is a testimony to us all.

Heather Estridge said...

This is HUGE! God is really protecting your family and I admire your faith and patience through it all! This is a LONG time to be "unsettled." The girls will think it's Christmas when they finally get all of their things!

Hey, maybe you'll be coming east toward us... :)

Praying right now for you all - keep smilin' You are on one great adventure surrounded by your family and prayer.

Vonda said...

Hey Heather, it WILL be Christmas before we get our things. Hee hee! We're probably talking maybe November or December before we get all of our stuff. ;) I may not be sure of too much right now re where we're going, but I am SURE that God will sustain us through all of this!

The Clicks said...

Vonda-

Here's another prayer for you and Ian to land smack in the middle of God's plan for your family! Keep me up to date on where you are!

anthonyandbeth said...

well you know how much we've been praying for you over here! wish y'all were close enough to just stay with us until you got your orders! :)

it has been such a privilege to see your faith grow during this time. there have been times i have just wanted to cry thinking about you and wishing you and Ian didn't have to walk the road you've walked the last 7 months. i know the months ahead aren't going to be easy either. i'm praying your orders will be something you can be happy about and that you will begin to see the hand of God all over it! yours and Ian's relationship has been such a testimony of love and respect and we're SO proud of you for sticking together and supporting each other during difficult times...when so many find it easiest to devour the ones they love b/c of their stresses.

drawing close to and leaning on the Lord is exactly what you've been doing and He will continue to make you more like Him and fulfill HIS purpose in your lives as you trust Him! He is working Vonda!

i'm praying SO hard that He can begin to show you what He has in store and that you will be able to see how much He loves you and your sweet family and how He is making the way for you as you go! praying you will know something SOON!

love you!

Linda Williams said...

In the midst of the storm when you see nothing but clouds, it is difficult to vision that the sun will shine "in a minute" and it will be brighter than ever.....but I know yours and Ian's faith is in tact and we are looking through the eyes of faith on your behalf that He knows EXACTLY where you need to be and will be the happiest. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you and your family. He has your neighbors, your Church and your best friends all picked out.....We just don't know yet. God has wonderful surprises along the way...

Love,
Mom and Dad