Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our visit to the Zoo


Searching for the perfect picnic spot

I love jelly sandwiches!

This pix was taken when we were still clean and not too sweaty! It ended up being in the 90's that day

The San Antonio Zoo
My Daddy has only ONE vice...COFFEE!

Ella Rose is not so sure about this bird

I think I see Carolina Grace

The Zoo has this great natural area where children can experience different things and of course Ella Rose immediately found the water!

Really sweetie...we can give you your sippy cup!

Having a great time

Mimi and Ella Rose checking out the log

Look at Carolina Grace smiling while Mimi feeds her

Priceless

Love this pix where Mimi is kissing Carolina Grace's forehead
Hmmm...the shoes need to come off!

Finally...my feet are in the water

Time for a "you better be a good girl" talk

Poor thing...she wasn't even allowed to touch the animal...what's the point of having them so close huh?
Much more interested in her snack cup (thanks Aunt Bethy) than the bald eagle

She hasn't even looked at that bald eagle

They had brushes for the children to brush the goats...I could see it coming

And oh yes...I about died...Look at Ella Rose with the brush in her hair...YIKES!

Ella Rose got a hug from the goats every chance she could get

Very very friendly goats and Ella Rose wasn't one bit worried about that goat head butting her

Carolina Grace shares her Sister's excitement for animals!

Carolina Grace getting in on the action

Our sweet baby girl

Look at Carolina Grace's foot IN the snack cup

As Ella Rose was climbing this statue of lions, she was saying, "I DO DIT!" She's a very determined little girl!

A long day at The Zoo makes a girl tired

5 comments:

Linda Williams said...

Didn't we have just a wonderful time that day! It is a good thing that someone did not take MY picture....I looked as tired as Ella Rose. Ha.

I think the girls did great that day. It was a long day and they put up with their Mimi and Papa really well, I thought!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

Jean said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. And love your running commentary, especially on the pic with the goat brush!!!

Nina said...

What great pics from the Zoo !
And the dresses for the girls are sooooo beautyful the fit together and your shirt too , did you sewn the dresses ? Love Nina

anthonyandbeth said...

looks like it was a lot of fun! :) i bet ER loved those animals! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

Oh-it looks like you had a ball and they didn't think the extra monkeys needed to stay at the zoo-they let ya'll go on home... : )

Love ya
Cheri