Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrating Carolina Grace's 1st Birthday

Oh we had such a wonderful time celebrating Carolina Grace's 1st Birthday. Since Ian was in training we celebrated the weekend before and Mimi and Papa came in for the big festivities! I can't believe our baby girl is 1! It seems like yesterday that she arrived in Germany and stole our hearts! Oh we feel so blessed that God has entrusted Carolina Grace to us. Every day she adds such joy to our lives with her smile and her sweet personality. Thank you God for our precious baby girl!

Papa and Mimi with the Birthday girl
Ready to celebrate
The do-over cake...they spelled her name wrong at first...yikes! But yea...we finally got it right!
A little cake just for Carolina Grace
We walk around all the time singing, "Carolina Grace with the cutest face...Carolina Grace!"

Let the party begin!

Happy Birthday to you!

Ella Rose helps her Sister blow out the candle

hmmm...this looks kinda good

You mean I don't have to share this with anyone

A cake just her size

Our sweet birthday girl

I think she likes it!

Sharing with Mama
and Daddy too

What a special day

PURE JOY

Slowing down
Finger lickin' good

11 comments:

Linda Williams said...

Was she not a beautiful little one year old! She really did like her cake......She knows how to eat the "good stuff", doesn't she! But you did not document (for baby book sake) how the trip to get the cake ended up with you in tears due to a "bad" cake. How you felt so bad for her that she had no "friends" there and her name was spelled wrong.....but your precious husband got it all right...He DEMANDED they re-do the cake and bought some pretty baloons and a party hat....Now what one year old could want more? She had the people who was most important to her in her young little life there (except for her Aunt and Uncle and 3 cousins from NC) she had cake and had the privilege of eating all she wanted...However, she did have an older sister who really did want EVERY birthday gift she had and showed her passion for them.

We had a wonderful time celebrating with our youngest little grandchild...What a delight!

Love,
Mimi and Papa

anthonyandbeth said...

if only we could have been there to celebrate! what a cutie she is Vonda! i can't hardly believe our girls are one. seems like not so long ago we were chatting back and forth about our pregnancy woes and here they are...ONE!!! so glad Mimi and Papa could be there to celebrate! :) the girls looks beautiful in their outfits! love the monogram dress for CG! love you!

Kathy said...

happy birthday Carolina Grace!! I LOVE the "pure joy" shot, though I think I'd call it "the moment when the sugar rush hit" look!!

Jean said...

Happy belated Birthday, Carolina Grace!!! Sure wish we could have been there to celebrate. Your cake looks yummy!

Love,
Kevin, Jean & Joshua

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !!!

I love looking at you blog !!!

Love Nina

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Those pictures should be in the dictionary next to the words "sugar rush." :) Those are just awesome and I've decided I must have a cake with hot pink icing for my birthday! Naw, I'm not a grown woman or anything.

She is just the most adorable child, hon! Both girls! Can't wait to see you!

Shugart Family said...

More such precious memories, thank you for sharing...I love what your mom added and how you and Ian truly are wonderful parents...Such treasures :-) I LOVE LOVE the pure JOY shot...fabulous!!! I am really digging the hat too,so fancy yet fun :-) May your daughters truly see how blessed they are in having you and Ian as mom and dad...luv ya guys across the pond!!!

Shannon said...

Those pics are too much! Happy
1st Birthday Carolina Grace! Can't wait till Alex turns 1 in a few short weeks and I too will be a puddle of tears not having little friends for him...or family. Vin's mom and Dad will come at the end of Aug. and we'll just have to whooop it up then! So glad Mimi and Papa could be there for her special day! We all miss you all sooo much!

Susie Q said...

How awesome! Happy belated Birthday Carolina Grace. You are so beautiful, just like your Momma. Love you guys!
Susan

The Miller Family said...

Happy Birthday Carolina Grace! We loved looking at your precious photos. We miss you all. You are so adorable! Hugs and kisses! the M Family.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Love the pictures-she is a happy girl-see sugar isn't so bad Vonda.
Did you want your name in for the Give Away drawing? The give away was the next post-didn't want you to miss out if you want your name in.

Send all your friends and family as well. www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com