Okay so I had every intention of posting 2-3 times a week on the blog but now since I have 2 babies under 16 months old, there is kinda a lot going on and LOTS to do. Can we say our lives are a bit of a whirlwind these days!!! Let's put it this way...I felt really really accomplished the other day when I got BOTH of the girls out of the house all by myself and they were BOTH CLEAN, FED, and DRESSED and Mama was CLEAN, FED, and DRESSED too. :) They even had bows in their hair...good huh...and no Mama did not have a bow in her hair(although that could be kinda fun going back to the 80's), but my hair was clean (I think). Yeah I was proud of myself to say the least. Everyone told us how busy we would be after Carolina Grace was born, but I thought to myself...how hard could 2 be? Ian and I keep looking at each other now and laugh and say 2 children is not like having 2...it's more like having 5. (And all of you out there who have more than 2 I'm sure are shaking your heads right about now). :) I am way behind on posting pics so these are pics mostly of Ella Rose when her Mimi and Papa visited from Florida. She had such a great time with her Mimi and Papa as they are SO MUCH FUN and have so much ENERGY!!! Thanks Mama and Daddy for coming in and helping us the first time around when Carolina Grace was born and then the 2nd time around when I got sick. You will never know how much we appreciate everything you have done for us.
.JPG)
Ella Rose admiring her new baby Sister
.JPG)
Poor Carolina Grace...there will be many more love pats from her Sister like this
.JPG)
Notice Mimi's hand trying to move Ella Rose's hand away from Carolina Grace's head
.JPG)
Hmmm...so is this baby going home with us?
.JPG)
Ella Rose adores her Papa
1st trip to McDonald's with Mimi and Papa

Ella Rose with the nun at St. Johannis (German Catholic hospital where we had Carolina Grace)
.JPG)
Serious look...does she look like Ian here or what...who am I kidding...she ALWAYS looks like Ian :)
In the eyes of a child everything is so new
2 Beautiful ladies...Mimi and Ella Rose
.jpg)
You mean I have to compete with this kind of crying? Yeah...Carolina Grace I may have ya beat because I'm a TODDLER!
Chilling (Papa says cooling) with Papa

The sweet nun at the hospital who loved our M&M's
.JPG)
Hugs for Mimi

My sweet girl
Amy was gracious enough to watch Ella Rose at the hospital the morning Carolina Grace was born so Mimi and Papa could video and take pics right after Carolina Grace arrived

Ella Rose and Papa having fun!

Mimi, push me higher
Having fun at the playground with Mimi and Papa
Pure fun...look at that tongue

Bathtime is always a treat
Ella Rose pushes her baby in her stroller while helping Papa take out the recycling
8 comments:
Oh, hon. Perfect post title! It is a whirlwind, indeed! I feel like that everyday! Great pictures. Kiss everyone from me and don't you just love little, old nuns? Just the sweetest. I'll never forget the nun at St. Mary's hospital in Huntington, WV who prayed over my father after his death.
Well, if it makes you feel better, I didn't go anywhere I didn't have to for the first six months of Tyler's life. Toree and I had a pretty good routine going and then #2....two for morning naps, fix breakfast for one and nurse the other, baths, etc. I will tell you some stores some time...A shower before Dave got home from work was a serious accomplishment. When Tanner came, well, let's just say he had his morning nap in his carrier at Target or somewhere because we had to go!
Relish these days. You will blink and be packing them for summer camps and missions trips!
Blessings, Mendi
i LOVE this post! it shows some of your heart and what you've been dealing with...the adjustment of moving from one to two! that's what i love about blogging...really getting to see where people are and what's going on with them! it is a whirlwind isn't it! third time too! :) i'm with mendi, we just have to get out and do what we've got to do once number 3 arrives! :) love the pictures of ella rose. you got some GREAT ones! she is such a doll! looks like she's lovin her little sister! love you!
You are an amazing woman Vonda! You have a very loving family and a wonderful husband. Not to mention that you have two beautiful precious girls!! My heart really reachs out to you. I truly wish that I was able to reach out to help during your sickness...and I only have one child to tend to. I tell you though, wow..these toddler years are quite interesting. Do not ever hesitate to call if you need some "Vonda" time. Mia is alwasy up for a play date. Mama can get a little old after a while. Love ya!
How precious are these beautiful little things! Papa and I had a wonderful time with you all!
Love,
Mimi and Papa
Haha! I get it. for sure. My "2" were 2.5 years apart and the transition for me was insane...I was D-O-N-E! *grin* but then came #3...18 months later and I promise...3 is easier! :)
Wow! Can you believe the craziness of having 2 under 2! I certainly haven't been out of the house with BOTH of mine by myself yet. I can't even imagine it right now. We've GOT to talk...I need some strategies from you. You're about a month ahead of me!
Love to your precious family.
Oh wow//////
What can one say..those kids are incredible. You have every right to be proud of them.
Lots of hugs to all of you.
Diane
Post a Comment