Ella Rose loves being with Daddy
In Europe, folks are allowed to take their dogs everywhere they go including restaurants, parks, Zoo's, etc so we know when we return to The States, Ella Rose is going to miss seeing dogs in restaurants...it's in her DNA...she and her Daddy just get so excited when they see animals. Ella Rose thought for sure she had run into Buster (her little friend Katie's dog) because this dog named Murphy was a Buster look alike.
.JPG)
Petting the sheep...this was just a second before one of the sheep knocked Ella Rose over...Ian called him the "hit and run sheep". Ella Rose took it in stride and got right up and followed the sheep to pet him just one more time.
These 3 items cost a whopping 6 Euro which is the equivalent of $10.00 USD...Coke Light, Milk, and a piece of bread...and just think you can go to Chick-Fil-A and get 2 meals for $10.00
This was a beautiful area of the Park where Trees lined a walkway...did I mention how many people were there?
Glorious Azaleas
There was an area in the Gardens where they had these huge beanbags where you could sit and lounge so we took a much needed break
.JPG)
I kept trying to talk Ian into letting me walk over the water on this ladder but he didn't think it was such a good idea with me being 7 1/2 months pregnant...but boy did it look like fun!
Ella Rose met a 3 1/2 year old girl named Leise Lotte from Belgium
The North Sea
Are my feet looking a bit swollen from this pregnancy?
We strolled through a local market in Haarlem and flowers were everywhere
The Corrie Ten Boom Museum is also in Haarlem, but because of limited hours for the tours, we weren't able to see it
.JPG)
Lovely canals in Haarlem
The fields in Germany start to come alive with color in May (these are grown for vegetable oil)
14 comments:
i'm glad you were able to take your trip to Holland! i'm sure the flowers were beautiful! sorry it was so crowded. :( i'm sure it was good to get home and not be on the road anymore. :) love you guys!
Well, knowing how much of a tulip lovin' chick that you are, I just know that you were in "hog heaven" being surrounded by all those flowers. We continue to live vicariously through you :)
Ella Rose may have to meet our English Cocker Spaniel, Gabriel, when you come home soon. They would get a long great.
Much Love, Mendi (for the gang)
Beautiful pictures, hon! Now, you did snag those purple tulips for me, right? Right? Uh-huh?
DANG!
Oh well. Love you guys! :-)
You all know how to have a good time! Looks like everyone had the same idea to go and see the flowers in bloom. You still got some great pictures to treasure. Ella Rose will definately be a Southern Belle even if she isn't living in the South! Next big event... welcoming Carolina Grace, yippee!
I love your pictures! It looks like you had such a good time.
beautiful pictures of you and ella rose....definitely have to frame some of those :)....good luck during the rest of your pregnancy :)
Wow! Those pics of the tulip fields are amazing. I'd love to see that some day, but for now, I'm just happy you all got to go.
Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you got in one more trip before Carolina Grace arrives... You look great, and Ella Rose is SO Precious! I can't wait for our girls to all meet someday! :) Anna loves that book that Ian is reading to Ella Rose in one of the pics- its her favorite!
With love,
Stacy
Oh, my goodness. Don't tulips just scream SPRING! You all look fabulous in the wonderful weather. That curvy bridge would have tempted me too. How did she resist picking the flowers?
I think my favorite of Ella Rose is the one where she is slightly bent over looking as if she is thinking of smelling the tulip!
So precious!
And they even accomodated my son-in-law with his own personal bean bag out there amid the flowers, didn't they!
Love,
Mimi and Papa
I just love the photos of your trip to Holland. And the photos of the swollen feet. Only you V..only you.
Funny////////
Vonda,
Those pics looked awesome! I always wished we would have made that trip to Holland while we were out there. You look great and I can't believe June is almost here! Good luck to you girl! Elisha
Wow, what glorious pictures of you all!! You are such a beautiful pregnant Mama!! Ya'll look wonderful and ya'll know how to have fun!
I know it's hard to be so far away from family, but what a BLESSING to be able to have those experiences...a time you'll never forget!
(I've been lurking for a while...a friend of Beth and Anthony's here in Raleigh:) Addison is such a cutie!
www.barbourshop.blogspot.com
Post a Comment